[f] AMB on Facebook

Walkera Batteries misbehave?

chi1

Moderator: MisterX

Walkera Batteries misbehave?

Postby whomper » February 4th, 2015, 11:56 am

Hi,

I have been using my Mini3 + X1 for half a year now and lately I am seeing some strange battery behaviour.
1. The two batteries have expanded in size. it is now very hard to pull the board our and in to the case. I have been using the same 9v power adapter and have charged the batteries as needed.
2. It is very hard to get them to charge. They hold less charge and when connecting the power, green charging light is briefly shown and they charge little. I haven't seen the red charging state for quite some time now.

When the batteries have no charge, I can still use the mini3 with the power outlet connected of course.

Could the charging board misbehave and cause the batteries to malfunction? How could I debug it?
κDC2496, γ1.5, γ2, γ3, α10 (α24 based), balanced β22, 2 x β24, M³, Grado ES2E, GS2000E, AGK K700, CBT36 Speakers
whomper

Liked in: 34 posts

Re: Walkera Batteries misbehave?

Postby amb » February 4th, 2015, 2:14 pm

With the battery low on charge, when you plug in the wallwart, the green charge light doesn't stay on for long? What's the voltage across B+ and COM, and across COM and B-? Re-run the initial check procedure and see if any step fails.
amb
Site Admin

Liked in: 482 posts

Postby MisterX » February 4th, 2015, 2:27 pm

Sounds like you have the LED installed the wrong way around and it's time for some new batteries.
1352.5 and counting.
MisterX

Liked in: 36 posts

Postby Helios » February 4th, 2015, 5:47 pm

The batteries are damaged, never try to charge them again or cut it open, otherwise, it may cause an explosion. You must be very careful to manage lithium batteries, never fully charged or fully discharged a lithium battery and leave for a long period (says about more than two to three weeks), it is easily to demage the lithium battery and you must never fully discharged a lithium battery, it also will demage the battery easily. If you want to store it, you have to charge or discharge it to about 60% of battery capacity to prevent demage.
Helios

Liked in: 0 post

Postby whomper » February 5th, 2015, 6:30 am

One battery seems damaged, cosmetically as well as electrically (does not get above 2.9V), while the other seems ok (3.9v).
I assume the fact that one is ok while the other is not limits charging function. I'll order a new one and test.
κDC2496, γ1.5, γ2, γ3, α10 (α24 based), balanced β22, 2 x β24, M³, Grado ES2E, GS2000E, AGK K700, CBT36 Speakers
whomper

Liked in: 34 posts

Return to χ1 LiPo battery board for Mini³