[f] AMB on Facebook

ο1 precision master clock development

omicron1: A low-jitter, low phase noise clock generator for upgrading digital audio devices

ο1 precision master clock development

Postby amb » April 9th, 2017, 3:51 am

That's right. Any modern computer could serve as a great audio streamer. The component that really matters is the DAC.

Pieterh likes this post.
amb
Site Admin

Liked in: 482 posts

Re: ο1 precision master clock development

Postby Pieterh » April 9th, 2017, 10:02 am

thanks!
Pieterh

Liked in: 54 posts

Postby hagak » April 10th, 2017, 2:08 pm

So if this machine is built dedicated to be a network music streamer which is what it sounds like in the marketing material.
1. Why do you need 16GB of RAM? Seriously even the largest of music collections can be served with a fraction of the memory.
2. If it is a network streamer which they state that most users will use the roon app on their phone to interact with it. What good does an expensive clock on the CPU do or even the expensive PSU conditioner? Seriously so many other components will be at play once the data is on the network. Never mind the host receiving the network data has a clock and its own power supply.
hagak

Liked in: 12 posts

Postby DiscoMike » October 22nd, 2017, 9:33 pm

Could this clock be used on the SOtM tx-USBex PCIe USB Card ? I have the card connected to a Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSD-SE DAC.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DiscoMike

Liked in: 0 post

Postby amb » October 22nd, 2017, 11:02 pm

DiscoMike wrote:Could this clock be used on the SOtM tx-USBex PCIe USB Card ?

To determine that, one would need to understand the circuit at some level. I don't know enough about the device to tell you a definitive answer.
amb
Site Admin

Postby Tubeman NAZ » March 2nd, 2018, 7:35 pm

Ti, I have a question about the use of this upgraded clock in the DCX2496. I understand that when feeding the unit higher sample rates (24/96 for example) there is an intermittent problem with the SRC chip in the DCX - apparently it randomly goes into an unstable where there is a sound of "bacon frying" or the audio sounds very dull and rolled-off. It is supposedly some glitch in the implementation of the SRC chip, I remember reading somewhere.

The Pilgham Audio clock PCB also includes a new SRC chip onboard. They claim that this new circuit will 100% eliminate the glitch that I'm talking about.

My question is this: is it the original SRC chip itself that causes the problem, or is it a poor clock that causes it on the original factory DCX circuitry? Put another way, will your o1 precision clock eliminate the problem in the same way that the Pilgham Audio clock board will?

I am just now planning my "attack" on the DCX to improve on it's many shortcomings. I will be using your analog output replacement PCB as my basis.

Thanks,
Tubeman NAZ
Tubeman NAZ

Liked in: 0 post

Postby amb » March 3rd, 2018, 4:22 am

I believe the problem was entirely a CS8420 chip bug, not due to bad clock. The problem was reported often in other forums a long time ago, but I have not heard any more about it in the past few years. Perhaps a newer, fixed revision of the CS8420 has found their way into more recent DCX2496s? Just guessing.
amb
Site Admin

Previous

Return to ο1 precision master clock