[f] AMB on Facebook

New problems (No sound)

gamma3, gamma24 (plug-in for the γ3)

New problems (No sound)

Postby Balcmeg » February 7th, 2020, 12:26 am

HI,
I have again run into issues with my Gamma3, currently checking the internal wiring, but it initially doesn't seem to be the source of the problems.

Quite sudden I just do not have any sound output anymore, switching sources doesn't make a difference and its not the power amplifier.
When I say that there is no sound it's not entirely correct - when I turn the volume know, there is a small sound, hard to describe but imagine if it was built by an imperfect rotary switch, so for every couple of degrees there was a small punchy noise, its the same if I use the remote to change volume. Disconnecting the manual volume pot makes no difference. Apart from that, it's totally quiet. Because of this, I have removed the analog section form the list of suspects...

Earlier thought I saw the volume (on the display) to *lag* when I tried to change it after changing the channel, might have been right. It's showing some weird behavior now in that the volume pot's motor start running out to the end positions, and doest stop - I hear the motor trying to increase /decrease even more.

I do still suspect the wiring - since I had previous issues with oxidation - or possibly in the LCDuino? Doesnt sound as if the issue is in the Gamma24 to me.

Would appreciate some suggestions for where to look now - while i cintinue to randomply move around wires to get it back to normal :D.
/Stefan
Balcmeg

Liked in: 8 posts

Re: New problems (No sound)

Postby amb » February 7th, 2020, 1:17 am

Try unpluging the γ24 and α24s from the backplane and re-insert them. Do likewise to all connections to the LCDuino-1 too, and test if it makes any difference.
amb
Site Admin

Liked in: 506 posts

Re: New problems (No sound)

Postby Balcmeg » February 7th, 2020, 2:23 am

amb wrote:Try unpluging the γ24 and α24s from the backplane and re-insert them. Do likewise to all connections to the LCDuino-1 too, and test if it makes any difference.

Yeah, that did it. When pulling out the connector from the motor pot, I noticed that one of the wires was off the contact. I guess its been too much push and pull at my last issue with the oxidized connectors. I REALLY ought to redo all the internal wiring that I was too lazy to fix last time.

Thanks Ti.
/Stefan
Balcmeg

Liked in: 8 posts

Return to γ3 high resolution DAC and γ24 DAC core module