[f] AMB on Facebook

Its me again.. (PSU LVDD voltage drops when connected to γ3

gamma3, gamma24 (plug-in for the γ3)

Re: Its me again.. (PSU LVDD voltage drops when connected to

Postby amb » February 16th, 2017, 10:57 pm

OK, I thought you wanted to have the LED comeon only when the system is "on", because that's the way I had mine wired.

If you connect it the way you do, then the LED will always be on except during total power loss (i.e., switch on IEC is off). The LED will remain on even when the AVDD/AVSS and GVDD are turned off (via the front panel button or the remote). It's unintuitive to have the LED still on when you use that button to "turn off" the system.
amb
Site Admin

Liked in: 482 posts

Re: Its me again.. (PSU LVDD voltage drops when connected to

Postby Balcmeg » February 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm

amb wrote:OK, I thought you wanted to have the LED comeon only when the system is "on", because that's the way I had mine wired.

If you connect it the way you do, then the LED will always be on except during total power loss (i.e., switch on IEC is off). The LED will remain on even when the AVDD/AVSS and GVDD are turned off (via the front panel button or the remote). It's unintuitive to have the LED still on when you use that button to "turn off" the system.

Since the PSU is not right below the G3 it sort of work this way so I see if there is power to the system at all.
This way I can see if there is power to the system or not, even if i have the display set to *off*.
However, I do understand your thinking, if I were to put the G3 right on top of the PSU for example then I would rewire the PSU LED to be on when the LCDuino s11 have power and the G3 LED to be on when G3 is on.
Not much work to make the switch when the time comes.
/Stefan
Balcmeg

Liked in: 8 posts

Previous

Return to γ3 high resolution DAC and γ24 DAC core module