[f] AMB on Facebook

Issue with the sound output

The face and heart of the system.

Moderator: linux-works

Issue with the sound output

Postby misterrm » December 2nd, 2019, 12:59 pm

Hi guys!

I bought DIY preamplifier built on LCDunio and δ1/δ2 boards and i have very strange issue with it. I have configured it as described at amb.org website, all jumpers are in corrent position both in the settings and on the boards, however if i power up the amplifier, it doesnt play any sound. I need to go to menu, and then change the selector engine output to "2" setting. After that i need to manipulate the volume knob and find the spot in which the sound is playing, after that i need to go back to menu and change the selector engine to "1", as it should be from the beginning. Finally i can leave the menu and listen to music. The most annoying thing is that i need to do this operation every time i power up or wake up it from standy mode. I have tried to search this issue on internet and forum, but i have found nothing.

I am attaching the short video of the LCDuino behaviour to make sure you get the point, as my English is not the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrI4yEp5JR8

Photos of the preamplifier interior: https://imgur.com/a/GsBuKtF

Could you please let me know what might be wrong with it? It is working like this since i bought it.

Thank you in advance.
misterrm

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Issue with the sound output

Postby amb » December 2nd, 2019, 8:57 pm

Your video does indeed show a very strange nehavior.

The photos you posted at imgur shows the δ1/δ2 board stack with the δ2 board on top, completely obscuring the view of the δ1 board. Thus I cannot see how the jumpers are set on the δ1. Also, I can't tell whether you have R3 and R4 installed on either board. If so, what value R3 and R4 did you use? What variants of PCF8574 are installed as U1+ and U1- on both boards? Are they NXP or Texas Instruments, and are they PCF8574 or PCF8574A?

Lastly, it appears that you are running v1.00 of the Volu-Master firmware on the LCDuino-1. You might want to consider updating to v1.02. You can flash new firmware on the LCDuino-1 board with an FTDI TTL-232R-3V3 cable. See the LCDuino-1 website for details.

Please also post screen shots of the LCDuino-1 menu setup I2C address setup screens.
amb
Site Admin

Liked in: 482 posts

Return to LCDuino-1 display I/O processor