[f] AMB on Facebook

β22 Repair Help

beta22

Re: β22 Repair Help

Postby crosensteel » June 3rd, 2019, 12:19 pm

Okay, thank you for the information. I will go over that section and see if I can find anything. At least if I don't fix it I can learn something :)

I tested with HD600 and the hum is still audible, although it is quieter. The noise from the volume pot goes away on the HD600 though.

I found this thread where someone had a similar issue and replaced the transformer. Do you think this would be possible? Is it very dangerous?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/amb-bet ... om.860022/
crosensteel

Liked in: 0 post

β22 Repair Help

Postby amb » June 3rd, 2019, 4:54 pm

Since your transformer is in its own case, you shouldn't need to replace it. Just move it so that it's as far away from the amp as possible (limited by the umbilical cord, of course). Transformer magnetic field induced hum is typically a problem only in single chassis builds.
amb
Site Admin

Liked in: 482 posts

Re: β22 Repair Help

Postby crosensteel » June 6th, 2019, 6:30 pm

That didn't help either...
I should probably try to learn basic electronics stuff at some point, but I don't really have any friends that are into DIY electronics and I would need to find a way to make time to learn the hobby.
I think I mostly just need to just write this off as broken and find a new amp. From what you were saying it wasn't good for my headphones anyway. Although it sounded great while it worked, and I will miss it.

Thanks anyway. You provided a lot of good information.
crosensteel

Liked in: 0 post

Previous

Return to β22 amplifier