DIY Audio Resources
This is a site for do-it-yourself audiophiles who enjoy building
and tinkering with hi-fi equipment.
I hope the information here is of interest to you.
- Ti Kan,
The following are high quality DIY audio projects that you could build.
PCBs and related parts are available at
AMB audio shop.
Full support is provided at
AMB DIY audio forum.
Get AMB project PCBs and related parts here.
Join our enthusiast community for DIY and audio related discussions.
AMB provides project support here.
Acoustic Treatment and Design for Recording Studios and
Listening Rooms by Ethan Winer
- AllAboutCircuits: news, articles, education and projects
(formerly "Audio Electronics", "Glass Audio",
"Audio Amateur" and "Speaker Builder")
- Audio Component Grounding and Interconnection
by David Davenport
- Audio Test Files Download high resolution digital test files
- Basic soldering tips by Kermit V. Gray and Fred Lifton
(PDF format, 86KB)
- Circuit diagram
Schematics.com allows users to connect and share designs and ideas in a
- Considerations for a High Performance Capacitor
by Richard Marsh
- Counterfeit transistors
Elliot Sound Products' comments about counterfeit transistors
- DIY A/V RCA Compression Connector Cables
Morsel's guide to making audiophile interconnects
- DIY Audio Projects
a collection of audio projects to build, forum, gallery and blog
- DMMs (digital multimeters) A useful synopsis
- Datasheet Archive
look up electronic parts datasheets
- Discover Circuits
audio circuits for hobbyists
DIY turntable gallery and other hifi stuff
- EE Power
digital publication focused on the power electronics industry
- EEweb Forum
for the Electrical Engineering community
- EEweb Germany
Online community for electronics/electrical engineers and hobbyists
- Eminent Technology's Multimedia Loudspeaker Test
sound files of test signals
- How to evaluate changes in my playback system article from Zu Audio
- JFET biasing tutorial by Wes Hayward
- JustBlair's audio & electronics pages with special emphasis on Tripath-based amplifiers
- Linear Audio Jan Didden's audio DIY site and publications
Lynn Olson's "The Art of Speaker Design"
discussions about speaker design
- Mil-spec resistors
- MOSFET Testing by Nelson Pass
- Measurements of speaker driver Thiele/Small parameters
Multi-stage differential amplifiers a technical paper
- Mounting considerations for power semiconductors application note from Motorola
- Nelson Pass (Pass Labs) DIY site
- Picking Capacitors (Part I) and
by Walt Jung and Richard Marsh
- Per-Anders Sjöström's hifi pages
projects, kits, downloads, links, blog, forum, etc.
- RaneNote 110 sound system interconnection
- RaneNote 151 grounding and shielding audio devices
- RightMark Audio Analyzer (RMAA)
computer software for testing audio devices
Sam Electronic Circuits free electronic circuits for the hobbyist
- Standard resistor values
defined by the EIA for different tolerance families
- Studio Articles & Advice
Articles and advice about recording, mixing and mastering
- Surface mount soldering 101 from Curious Inventor,
a video tutorial on soldering and desoldering surface-mount devices
- Tangent's Audiologica
lots of good info for DIY headphone amplifier fans
The Amplifier Institute, Douglas Self's audio amplifier
engineering analyses and discussions
"The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz & Hill
a superb textbook about electronics
- The Sound of Capacitors
by Steve Bench
- W. Marshall Leach's web site
with links to his works
- Walt Jung's web site with links to his works
- Zener diode reference A handy table of common zener diodes
Audio-related Web Forums
Do you have comments about this site? Please use this
contact form to leave a message.